Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bolivian New Year's tradition?

Yesterday I went with my host sisters and company to the uber-market La Cancha where we all treated each other to brand new underwear. Yellow means money for the year to come, red=excitement, green=hope, white=tranquility, etc.

I bought one black pair and one blue pair with white polka dots -- I don't know what those colors stand for, but didn't ask for fear that it would be depression and doom. After all, they were the only ones I liked.

Cousin Karin asked me what type of traditions I have for the New Year, and I sheepishly responded, "oh, nothing that I can think of", to avoid responding, "well, renting two movies and watching them by myself while wrapped in a blanket".

Tonight there are plans for yet another midnight feast, and I anticipate plenty of knitting to keep myself distracted as I wait -- at least, a bit more action than the usual for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz nuevo año! I'm glad you're getting lots of knitting time. Come back soon. :)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home