Monday, March 12, 2007

Backpacking with the fam

Our Cuzco-Machu Picchu-Puno-Isla del Sol-Copacabana-La Paz-Cochabamba route can relatively easily be summed up by four themes:

posing before stunning scenery




Carnival


Incan walls



and fuzzy Andean animals



Thanks Sara and Dad for the beautiful collection of photos. And thanks to you two and Mom for being such good sports as I made you pay for the experience with high-altitude hikes and smelly buses and questionable food and awkward bilingual situations...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic -- I'm bummed I never got my act together enough to come pay you a visit. Oh well, I'll stop by whatever fabulous exotic place you move to next. :) And is that "our" Zara sweatshirt in the first picture? I still wear mine regularly...

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby fuzzy andean animals!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that carnival photo is simply gorgeous! it all looks like so much fun. and, thanks for the sweet balloon-themed card from a while back.. i have a letter to mail you, where should i send it if you're on the road (hiking trails)?
xo ellen

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Unfortunately me being in the office, and not on hiking trails, is the norm... my address is actually quite boring (Casilla 6293, Cochabamba, Bolivia).

By the way, indeed that is a fuzzy baby llama and my formerly fuzzy Zara sweatshirt...if my ten euros went such a long way, you must be very proud of your one euro Laurel!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home